Pop Quiz: The Answers...
01. Elton John
02. The Thompson Twins
03. Ella Fitzgerald
05. David Bowie
06. Max Bygraves
07. Fox(x) (Fox On The Run / Fox / John Foxx)
08. The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
09. Femme Fatale - The Velvet Underground & Nico
10. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
12. The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown
13. Me Me Me
14. Jimmy The Hoover
15. C, B, A, D
16. New York, London, Paris, Munich everybody talk about pop music
17. Drinks (Glass Of Champagne / Special Brew / Milkshake)
18. Ottawan & The Village People
19. Kool And The Gang & Stevie Wonder
And it the true spirit of these things... please mark you own papers.
The four and a half points we dropped on Tuesday were: we didn't recognise any of the first three artists (we had no clues other than their strangled vocal renditions) so just made wild guesses - all wrong; we couldn't remember Me Me Me; and put 'Strange' rather than 'Crazy' for Mr Brown's outfit.