It was a team of just Darren and me at the Pop Quiz last night - but we seemed to do quite well. Maybe it was because the quiz was set by Wendy (we like her) and it was based on DJ Lush's single collection. The hint was that the clues and/or the answers were in some way alphabetical from A to M and that at a later date we could expect a second quiz covering from N to Z.
We got 16/20. The winners got 18/20. How about you?
01. Name Anastasia's hit that starts "Now baby come on Don't claim that love you never let me feel"
02. Name Anastasia's hit that starts the singing with "I've been knocked down It's a crazy town Even got a punch in the face in LA"
03. Who performs "The Ballad of Chasey Lain"?
04. Who performs "Comfort Eagle"? (Clue: food stuff)
05. What Destiny's Child starts with "Thou shall get your party on"
06. What Destiny's Child starts with "Now that you're out of my life I'm so much better"
07. What Destiny's Child starts with "Thou shall not bug"
08. Which is the odd one out from the answers to nos. 5, 6 and 7.
09. Who performs "Your Lucky Day In Hell"?
10. Which Fun Lovin' Criminals single starts "I was working at the club in 1995, Sunday was the night that the gay club came alive"?
11. Which Fun Lovin' Criminals single starts "I see her out (shit) All over town But I get no play My man says you gotta be crazy"?
12. What James Bond film did Garbage perform the title song for?
13. Who wrote the words and and who wrote the music for the answer to no. 12 (I was the only one in the pub that got this right!)
14. Which Geri Halliwell two singles start with "Lonely hearts are welcome here Take my hand let's disappear" and with "Donde esta el hombre con fuego en la sangre"
15. Which Geri Halliwell two singles start with "I like chocolate and controversy He likes Fridays and bad company" and with "Good-looking, bad-tasting Full-bodied, butt-wasting"
16. Who had a hit with "Wicked Game"?
17. Who had a single "Oxygene 10"?
18. What nu metal band had a single "Make Me Bad"?
19. What is footballer-hugging Louise's surname?
20. Who did a cover of Engelbert Humperdinck's classic "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" as a B-side to their double A-side single "Dead Star/In Your World"?
The quiz next week is all David Bowie related.