Now we hadn't been to one of these in a while but last night Darren, David, Jim and I ventured forth into the October night air to pick our pop wits against London's finest pop trivia anoraks.
The quiz was tough as there was big money at stake. We did reasonably well (17 out of a possible 22) but the winners did better (20.5).
Here are the questions. See how you do.
1. What is Richard Ashcroft's current single called?
2. What is Feeder's current single called?
3. What is the Foo Fighter's current single called?
4. Hits from the above three - fill in the blanks: A song For _ ; _ Rogers ; Learn _ _
5. Who cancelled a gig this week in London?
6. Who else cancelled a gig this week in London?
7. Where were the gigs to be held? (Hint: Hot chocolate, Temptation and Smiths)
8. A Cabaret Voltaire song has just been rereleased - what's the connection between that song and The Specimen and Atomizer?
9. Who sang Shutupa ya face? The Birdie Song?
10. Who sang Disco Duck? The Macarena?
11. Who sang We're Going To Spain? Pump Up The Bitter?
12. "You could hear the hoof beats pound as they raced across the ground, And the clatter of the wheels as they spun 'round and 'round.
And he galloped into market street, his badge upon his chest..." What are the next 13 words?
13. Add up the numbers: Temptation + a big Prince hit + Summertime Funsters + Red, Red Wine + Nena + Paul Hardcastle
14. What song have the Sugarbabes just covered?
15. What song have Muse just covered?
16. What song have the Prodigy just covered?
17. What song has McAlmont and Butler just covered?
18. Who sang I Can't Let Maggie Go?
19. Who sang I heard It Through The Grapevine?
20. Who sang Honey?
21. What is the exact title of Otis Reddig's song that starts "Sitting in the morning sun, I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in, And I watch 'em roll away again..."
22. What year were the previous four songs hits?
Tough quiz, huh?