Quote Of The Day

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake - Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower (1887-1956)"

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sneaker Sniffer...


Ian and I happened upon this advert on the tube the other day. Is it me or does it look a bit pervy? Now don't get me wrong, I've got anything against pervy. Why some of my best friends are pervy.

A typical advert for plimsoles pumps training shoes sneakers trainers would usually focus on the aesthetic; the style or the look. Very external things. Look at me I've got new trainers. I look great in them. Aren't you jealous? Wear these shoes and you'll look good.

Whereas this advert sends out an altogether more personal message. These trainers are sensual. They smell good. Why don't you smell them? They will make you happy. Aroused even. These trainers are for you and no one else. Smell the quality. Wear them and you'll feel good.

Oh, and what exactly is he doing with his right hand? Naughty.

9 comments:

  1. He's having a wank, mate. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90% of men say they do. The other 10% are liars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:30 am

    I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Nor do I and neither does my wife" Liar! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm as a complete innocent guy myself I of course do not see me as pervy, but I must say that I thought this was pretty sexy advert!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:31 pm

    Well he's not exactly stuffing his face in the trainers now... The ad did make me do a double-take on Thurs when I saw it at Green Park but obviously had to be subtle about my reaction lest some passers-by think "perv!" cos I'm quite sure that's what everyone's thinking of when they see this. Foot Lockers. Tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received a text message the other evening telling me that the boy in this ad was my doppleganger.

    I beg to differ... but now I can enjoy the compliment at least.


    (I have a feeling my friend was momentarily swayed by the context rather than the facts)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:11 pm

    go on rek1.net and you'll find out what this ad is all about, and what kind of new custumers foot locker wish to attract.

    ReplyDelete