- A couple of years ago it was all nuns and Nazis (Sister Act, Cabaret, The Sound of Music, The Producers)
- The year before last it was male nudity (Hair, My Night With Reg, Bent, Judas Kiss, Privates on Parade)
- We also had immersive theatre (Secret Cinema, Punch Drunk's A Drowned Man, Fire Hazard's zombie runs)
- Last year it was straight-through shows without intervals (Macbeth, most things at the National these days, Henry IV at Donmar, two recent plays at Almeida, The Scottsboro Boys, Ghosts Stories, A Chorus Line)
- And even most recently it's been faux-helicopters (Kate Bush, Miss Saigon, Made In Dagenham, Here Lies Love).
Wednesday, January 07, 2015
When you're as much of a pair of West End Wendies as Stuart and I are you start to see trends in theatrical productions. Over the past few years we've watched trends come and go. So I thought I'd note a few recent ones down.