Oh dear, oh dear. At last night's Pop Quiz Darren and I equalled the worse score we had ever got. A measly 9 out of 20. Our excuse? Too many questions like "What year...? (ugh!) and too many questions that started with those dreaded words "I want the exact answer..." (so you could get one word of a title wrong). And the final excuse is that there was this guy there who was so cute we kept accidentally flicking our pen on the floor so distracted were we by him. Eventually we even started to call him 'pen-flicking gorgeous'. Ok, Ok, perhaps you had to be there.
And our team name? Why 'Lana Clarkson's Wall Of Sound', of course. The winner got 16 and a half and won the cash - £51.
The quiz was generally based around the letters N to Z.
01. Who was the featured artist on Nu Generation's 'In Your Arms (Rescue Me)'?
02. What year was the original 'Rescue Me' a hit?
03. What exactly was 'Flat Beat' by Mr. Oizo (Quentin Dupieux) used to advertise and that was the puppet's name?
04. What are the next 22 words on Pulp's 'Disco 2000' after: "Oh Deborah, do you recall..."
05. Who had a single called No One Knows and an LP called Songs For The Deaf?
06. Which rapper had a single called 'Make It Clap'?
07. What Britney Spears' song starts with "I know I may be young But, I've got feelings' too..."? And what Britney Spears' song starts with "Oh baby baby, how was I supposed to know..."?
08. What Britney Spears' song starts with "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah ..."? And what Britney Spears' song starts with " need time, love, joy I need space, love I need me ..."?
09. What Britney Spears' song starts with "I'm sitting here alone up in my room And thinking about the times that we've been through ..."? And what Britney Spears' song starts with "I spotted you dancing You made all the girls stare ..."?
10. What Travis song starts with "I want to see what people saw I want to feel like I felt before..."?
11. What Travis song starts with "Well I believe there's something watching over you They're watching every single thing you say..."?
12. What Travis song starts with "Baby, you've been going so crazy Lately, nothing seems to be going right ..."?
13. What year did Mott The Hoople have a hit with 'All The Young Dudes'?
14. What year did Queen have a hit with 'Killer Queen'?
15. What film did U2's 'Elevation' promote?
16. Name all the members of U2?
17. How many top 10 hits have U2 had?
18. Who had a hit with 'Kiss, Kiss' recently and what is her soap character's name?
19. What year was Erasure's 'A Little Respect' a hit?
20. Who had a hit with 'Lazy' last year and who was the featured artist?