IQ Test: my answers...
01. Which one of the following is least like the other four?
Celery - Lettuce - Onion - Grape - Asparagus
Grape. It's a fruit and the others are vegetables.
02. Emily is four years old. Her big sister Amy is three times as old as Emily. How old will Amy be when she is twice as old as Emily?
16 years old. Amy is currently 12 years old so in four years time Emily will be 8 years old and Amy will be 16 years old.
03. Bowl is to cereal as envelope is to?
Mailman - Stamp - Letter - Mailbox - Mailbag
Letter. The second goes in the first.
04. What would the next number be?
23. Add 1, add 2 etc...
05. WOLF to to FLOW as 8526 is to:
2856 - 6258 - 5862 - 5682 - 6852
6258. Numbers reversed.
06. If you rearrange the letters UGNAIA, you have the name of:
a river - a planet - a city - an animal - a plant?
07. Niece is to nephew as brother is to:
Cousin - Aunt - Mother - Daughter - Sister
08. Let's say that the following arguments are true:
Some gatekeepers are warriors
Some warriors are cowards
Therefore, we can conclude that some gatekeepers must be cowards.
Is this conclusion true or false?
09. That would be the next number in this series:
9. Subtract 3, add 1, subtract 3, add 1 etc.
10. Which of the following five is least like the other four?
Smile - Grin - Frown - Touch - Sneer
Touch. All the others are facial expressions.