Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Quiz Night @HighburyL Great fun. How did we do? We came fourth! And can you guess which famous historical event we recreated in Playdoh? #QuizTeam #PubQuiz
This was our first time back in a while and we were determined to not embarrass ourselves.
We changed our team name once again - this time to ABBA-tars.
Liz was calling out the questions as usual and Andrew back spinning the tunes. It was great fun.
There were loads of inventive rounds involving eating, making stuff and guessing the intro. We downed quite a few beers, Jane bought us some pepperoni pizza (food that didn't really do us any favours in the taste round) and had a rare old time.
But how did we do? Well, we came fourth out of ten teams! 28 points. The winners got 39 points - and the £94 jackpot. Not too shabby.
Here are the questions. See how you do? If you think you can beat us (you know you can!) - come next month! Booking essential!
Oh, and what is the weird picture to the left? There was a Playdoh round. Can you guess which historical event we recreated?
Taste Test: Pringles!
1.American Hot dog
2.Bacon mac and cheese
3.Extra hot BBQ
In the News
1. Rapper Drake released a new album last week, Certified Lover Boy, which british artist designed the album artwork?
2. Which band have announced a new album after 40 years as well as plans to perform at concerts where they will appear via avatars?
3. The era of leaded petrol is officially over, but who was the last country to stop pumping?
4. The 80 million pound renovation to big ben is almost finished, the clock face has had a spruce up to which new colour?
5. After a successful campaign at the paralympics how many medals did Team GB win overall?
1. Today marks 199 years of independence from Portugal for which country?
2. Which is the largest island in the Mediterranean?
3. Which Premiership football team plays its home games in Gunnersbury?
4. Which Norwegian town hosted the 1994 winter olympics?
5. Which US city was artist Andy Warhol born in?
Food and Drink
1. What style of beer takes its names from a town in the Bohemia region of the Czech Republic?
2. What name is given to the Italian pastry that consists of tube shaped shells of fried pastry dough filled with a sweet, creamy filling that usually consists of ricotta?
3. GSM is an abbreviation given for the classic 3 grape blend in Southern French wine culture. Which grape variety is represented by S?
4. Which Asian seafood restaurant, located on the corner of Mayfair’s Berkeley Square houses the world’s largest Japanese whiskey collection?
5. Perigord is a variety of what?
1. Name the German singer who appeared on 4 tracks of The Velvet Underground’s debut album.
2. Guano is an effective fertiliser produced from the accumulated excrement of seabirds and which other animals?
3. Which word precedes the word Swing to denote a musical genre that blends vintage swing sounds with modern house music?
4. “Georgia on my Mind” was a 1960 Billboard number one for which artist?
5. Complete the title of the 1969 Lee Scratch Perry and The Upsetters sophomore album. Return Of….BLANK?
What is the connection to all the answers in this round?
Play Doh Round - (see above)
Sequence Round (fill in the BLANK:
1. Chelsea 0…..Everton 53…..Man Utd 28….Inter Milan 47….Chelsea BLANK
3. N: Lagos….B: Mumbai….H: BLANK
4. 83.7 million - Addison Rae….108.9 million - Khabane Lame….123.6 million - BLANK
5. Ammunition 10%....Pope 25%....Scooter 29%....Option BLANK
Science, Tech & Nature
1. What name is given to a male rabbit?
2. What name is given to water that occurs in a natural environment with higher salt levels than freshwater but less than sea water?
3. A Hazmat suit gets its name from the combination of which 2 words?
4. What is the name of the stocks and shares Reddit community that played a major role in the Game Stop short squeeze earlier this year?
5. 3, S, X and Y are models of car produced by which manufacturer?
The Arts and Culture
1. In Texas hip hop culture, Purple Drank is a recreational drug consisting of which prescription medicine?
2. Which British author released The Comfort Book earlier this year?
3. The Warehouse Project is a seasonal series of club nights that takes place in which UK city?
4. Pamela Anderson’s first 2 husbands were rock musicians - Can you name them?
5. Today marks the 91st birthday of American musician Sonny Rollins. What instrument is he best known for?
1. The Tide is High - Blondie
2. Tragedy - Steps
3. Spirit in the Sky - Garth Gates
4. Baby Come Back - Pato Banton
5. I’ll be Missing You - Puff Daddy, Faith Evans
What's the theme?